Blue & You Foundation Health Education Simulation Center
The Blue & You Foundation Health Education Simulation Center opened its doors at Northark's South Campus Allied Health Wing in 2017. The center provides a realistic hospital-type setting for students to learn and enhance their critical thinking and clinical decision-making skills.
Simulation Center Features
- Two medical-surgical rooms with a high-fidelity manikin in each.
- One birthing suite complete with high-fidelity birthing manikin and high-fidelity baby.
- One home simulation room which replicates a home-health setting.
- Two handler's rooms that house audiovisual equipment for recording simulations.
- One medication prep room.
- One area for debriefing.
The Center alleviates pressure on strained clinical sites, allows students to safely learn critical jobs skills in a forgiving environment, gives students the opportunity to reflect on their thinking and actions, engages students in planned simulation events and increases patient safety.
The Center was funded by the Blue & You Foundation for a Healthier Arkansas, Northark Foundation and Perkins Grant.