Paramedic - Associate Degree
The Paramedic program
at Northark is a 2-year AAS degree designed to produce Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedics for advanced hospital care and transportation. This program meets and exceeds National DOT Standards and curriculum. Graduates are eligible to take the State and National Registry Tests. The program also provides an opportunity for certified Paramedics to obtain an Associate Degree in Emergency Medical Services. Students in this program will successfully complete additional courses in:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support or Basic Trauma Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Students will work in area hospitals as well as on a paramedic level ambulance.
- be accepted as a student at Northark, complete a Northark College Application if you are not currently a student.
- be accepted into the Paramedic Program, complete and submit Program Application.
- be 18 years of age.
- have a high school diploma or GED certificate, High School Transcript Request.
- be in good health, must submit Health Information Form prior to admission into the first clinical course.
- have a current Arkansas EMT-B certification.
- be currently certified in CPR.
- have completed ACT and/or Compass test score and have scores sent to Northark.
- must complete all college preparatory classes based on his/her scores on the ACT or Compass test with a "C" or above before being accepted into the Paramedic Program.
- have three written recommendations, Reference Forms
- must carry malpractice insurance which is obtained each fall when paying fees.
- have a minimum grade of "C" in each of the prerequisite courses and in each course required in the Paramedic Program.
- pass a math competency test with a score of 90% or complete NURS 1001 - Math for Nursing.
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccine, Rubella Vaccine, and TB Skin Test
The deadline for completing the application packet is July 1. For additional information please contact K.C. Jones, Director of EMS programs at 870-391-3125.