Located inside of the South Campus Library (Photo, right), the North Arkansas
College Testing Center offers high-stakes testing for more than 2,000 individual certification, occupational assessment and professional licensure exams. These certification tests cover a wide variety of subjects, ranging from information technology to nuclear medicine to pilot licenses. By taking certain professional certification exams, North Arkansas College students and other test candidates can gain credit for their real-life work and study experience.
The Testing Center is staffed with knowledgeable, licensed testing administrators using the latest software/hardware and state-of-the-art monitoring equipment. Thanks to these same selfless, hard-working staff members, the Center is able to provide a secure, comfortable and trouble-free testing environment for examination candidates.
With vendors such as Pearson Vue, CompTIA, CISCO, Microsoft, TSA/PAN, FCC and EPA among many more, the opportunity for certification is almost limitless. Additionally, those who already have obtained certification may also be eligible to receive college credit.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday — 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Test Center Rules
- Appointments are required. You may schedule by visiting our office or by calling (870)-391-3533.
- Have a photo ID ready to present to the proctors. No ID, no test.
- Know the name of your instructor and class/course. We won’t know what test to provide you with, without this information.
- Have your testing materials ready. If you are allowed materials (i.e. pencils, calculator, notes) have them prepared.
- Make sure you know your log-in information. Third party programs require user-specific log-in information. It slows down the proctor’s ability to get everyone seated, if a tester has to stop to recover their password before testing.
- Make sure all loose personal possessions are ready to be stored away: i.e. cell phones, electronics, jewelry, hats, scarves, purses and/or bags. – No personal possessions are allowed inside the Testing Center.
- Dispose of any candy or gum. Food items and drinks are not allowed in the Testing Center, and should be stored with your personal possessions. Gum and other candy are not allowed.
- Be aware of the times your test is available. If you missed the test deadline, you must have a printed email or signed paper from your Instructor and present it to the proctors before we can give you your test.
- Be aware of the Testing Center hours — 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. These are the standard hours: any changes will be posted. We do not seat an hour before closing with very few exceptions. If such an exception occurs, the tester must sign a Reduced Time form. At 15 minutes before closing, all testing will cease, so please allow yourself plenty of time.
- Please be respectful to other testers. Keep noise to a minimum. Do not read questions aloud or talk to others, this will get you a prompt request to leave the center. If you have questions for the proctor, ask them before entering the Testing Center to reduce distraction for other testers. Please also refrain from humming, whistling, and excessive tapping/clicking.
- We reserve the right to deny a test taker their test if they do not follow the rules stated above, or if they are caught taking materials into the Testing Center other than their testing materials (phones, gum, etc.) We do have 24 hour video surveillance.