Educational Opportunity Center
303 North Main
Harrison, AR 72601
Call for more information: 1-800-257-8690
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE!
Summary of Services:
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) program helps adults 19+, who would like to enroll in college for the first time or who would like to re-enter college after dropping out, by assisting with the college admission process and find financial assistance for their education. Services include assistance with completing college admission and financial aid applications for any college in the U.S., academic and career counseling, and re-entry into a GED program for those without a high school diploma. We are located at North Arkansas College’s Center Campus, 303 N. Main Street 2nd floor C207, Harrison, AR.
Eligibility requires U.S. citizenship or permanent residency, and serves those who:
- Live in the following 12 counties in Arkansas: Baxter, Boone, Carroll, Fulton, Izard, Madison, Marion, Newton, Searcy, Sharp, Stone, and Van Buren.
- Are 19 years of age or older.
- Want to enroll/re-enter in a program of post-secondary education at any institution of their choice.
- Information/Counseling: College enrollment/admission requirements, available financial aid/scholarships, and career options; exploring education/skill level needed.
- Applications: Help in preparing applications for financial aid and post-secondary admissions and scholarships.
- Financial Literacy: How to budget for, during, and after college. Credit card/loan payment rules/responsibility.
- Connections: We connect you to other agencies for additional services not provided by EOC (e.g. GED/ABE classes, veteran affairs, Career Pathways, etc.) to reduce your roadblocks to obtaining a higher education.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
8:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday through Friday, other hours available by appointment.