What are you going to be when you grow up?
That seems like an easy question to answer when you are young, but as you get older, you probably realize that the answer is not as simple as it once seemed. You have a lot of questions to answer and a lot of choices to make:
- What classes should I take now and in the next few years?
- What should I do after I graduate—continue with school or get a job?
- What kind of school should I attend—technical, 2-year, 4-year, other?
- What options are available to me?
- What do I like to do?
- What am I good at and what can I learn to do?
- What is most important to me and my future career success and happiness—income, security, co-workers, environment, something else?
- How do I find the answers to all of these questions?
- How do I decide where I am going with my life?
- How do I find my way?
The questioning and decision-making processes continue throughout your lifetime. Whether you are a student, a job seeker, or a career changer, the Kuder® Career Planning System can help you answer the question:
Do you know where you are going?
Since 1939, the Kuder
inventories have directed individuals toward making satisfying career choices. First created as paper assessments by Dr. Frederic Kuder, the Kuder family of products has grown and developed in response to changing needs and technology. The Kuder Career Planning System
, now published by National Career Assessment Services, Inc. (NCASI), is an innovative, Internet-based system combining research-based interest, skills, and work values assessments with portfolio development, comprehensive educational and occupational exploration resources, and administrative database management.
The Kuder Career Planning System offers a comprehensive solution for career planners at all stages of career development. The Kuder system includes:
Kuder Online Career Portfolio
The Kuder Online Career Portfolio provides a gateway to lifelong career planning that allows individuals to store personal and academic information; search and save educational and occupational data; build resumés; and access assessment progress and results 24 hours a day from any Internet connection. System features include:
- Education Planner – for planning coursework and tracking educational progress
- Planning Timeline – for guiding education and career planning with a suggested sequence of events
- Note Taker – for documenting the career development process
- Occupation Search and Career Comparison – for career exploration by cluster, title, or Holland Code
- College Major and Instructional Program Search – for learning more about a major as well as the postsecondary options within your state.
- College Search and Comparison – for researching approximately 7,000 postsecondary colleges, universities, education training centers, and other institutions.
- Financial Aid Information and Scholarship Search – for understanding your college financing options.
- Resumé Builder – for creating and managing multiple resumés.