North Arkansas College faculty, staff, and students, as well as citizens of the counties served by the college, may obtain a library card without charge. Ask a library staff member at the circulation desk about obtaining a card, and please have driver's license (or state issued ID card), address and other pertinent information readily available. Attention Northark students: You must now have your college ID card and driver's license or state issued photo ID with you to set up a new account and check out any library materials. If you are unable to get this card, you must have a print out with your name and student number on it, along with your driver's license or state issued ID card. Student ID's can be obtained at the Registrar's Office Monday through Friday. See the Library Home Page for information on circulation periods and renewals. If you are able to renew a book you can call the library or bring your book by.
Northark's South campus library currently subscribes to 150 magazines and journals. The North campus branch has about thirty. We also have several local newspapers.
Both libraries offer reference assistance and instruction in the use of the library. Library staff will gladly assist patrons in locating materials or using the online catalog and databases. Patrons may also call (870)391-3357 or (870)391-3368 for reference assistance. Finally, reference questions may be submitted using our Ask-a-Librarian form.
Interlibrary loan is a service provided to faculty, staff and students to obtain books and periodical articles that are not available at either library location. Patrons may either obtain an Interlibrary Loan Request Form from library staff, or submit the form online. Patrons will be notified by telephone when the materials arrive. Loan period is determined by the lending library.
An intercampus mail service makes it possible for books to be sent from one library to another in a short amount of time. Simply provide library staff with the title(s) and appropriate call number(s), and the request will be made via telephone.
Computers and Printers
Each library location has computers available to patrons for Internet access, word processing, database searching, and other college-related research activities. Except for a few specialized programs specific instructors have requested, the computers are all the same and can access the same things. Community members are welcome to use them, but students have the first priority. Community members must see a staff member about using a library computer.
Coin-operated photocopiers to make 8 1/2 x 11 black and white copies are available at both library locations. The charge is currently 5 cents per page.
Northark faculty, staff and students can now get an ARKLink card that will allow them to borrow books from over 30 participating Arkansas colleges and universities. Each library has its own set of privileges for ARKLink borrowers. After obtaining an ARKLink card from either South Campus Library staff or Donnette Smith (North Campus Library), take the ARKLink card and a photo ID to the circulation desk at one of the participating libraries listed below:
- Arkansas Northeastern College (Blytheville)
- Arkansas State University (Jonesboro)
- Arkansas State University (Beebe)
- Arkansas State University (Mountain Home)
- Arkansas State University (Newport)
- Arkansas Tech University (Russellville)
- Central Baptist College (Conway)
- Cossatot Community College Of U Of A (De Queen)
- East Arkansas Community College (Forrest City)
- Harding University (Searcy)
- Hendrix College (Conway)
- John Brown University (Siloam Springs)
- Lyon College (Batesville)
- National Park Community College (Hot Springs)
- North Arkansas College (Harrison)
- Northwest Arkansas Community College (Bentonville)
- Ouachita Baptist University (Arkadelphia)
- Ozark College (Melbourne)
- Pulaski Technical College (North Little Rock)
- Rich Mountain Community College (Mena)
- South Arkansas Community College (El Dorado)
- Southeast Arkansas College (Pine Bluff)
- Southern Arkansas University (Magnolia)
- Southern Arkansas University Tech (Camden)
- University of Arkansas Community College (Hope)
- University of AR Clinton School of Public Service (Little Rock)
- University of Arkansas Community College (Batesville)
- University of Arkansas Community College (Morrilton)
- University of Arkansas (Fayetteville)
- University of Arkansas (Fort Smith)
- University of Arkansas (Little Rock)
- University of Arkansas Law (Little Rock)
- University of Arkansas Medical Sciences (Little Rock)
- University of Arkansas (Monticello)
- University of Arkansas (Pine Bluff)
- University of Central Arkansas (Conway)
- University of the Ozarks (Clarksville)