To provide quality, dependable, convenient, and affordable healthcare education services and programs to the healthcare providers, healthcare professionals, and citizens of northern Arkansas.
The North Arkansas Partnership for Health Education (NAPHE) is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit partnership between two of North Arkansas' largest institutions, North Arkansas College (Northark) and North Arkansas Regional Medical Center (NARMC). NAPHE is the first cooperative effort of its type in Arkansas, the result of determination to provide the best healthcare programming and educational opportunities in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
NAPHE utilizes the facilities of North Arkansas College (Northark) and North Arkansas Regional Medical Center (NARMC) to offer its programs. Our CNA department is located on the North Campus of North Arkansas College. Our Community Health Resource Center and our NAPHE offices are located at the North Arkansas College Center Campus. Most continuing education workshops are held in Durand Center on Northark's Center Campus.
- To promote existing allied health programs.
- To coordinate continuing education and training for healthcare-related learning.
- To improve the overall quality of healthcare by providing a more competent labor pool in healthcare occupations.
- To identify and meet the needs for new allied health degree programs for the citizens of our service area.
NAPHE can also assist individuals and organizations in:
- Serving as a resource for healthcare training materials, equipment, and facilities.
- Providing assistance in healthcare career exploration, planning, counseling, job re-location, and professional development.
- Developing and providing health-related training classes and programs.
- Serving as a resource for certification and re-certification requirements.
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences AHEC-NW Department of Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by Arkansas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's COA.
AHEC-NW will submit for approval to Emergency Medical Services, Long-Term Care, Pharmacist certification agencies and others as requested. Contact hours will be awarded on the basis of attendance and satisfactory completion of the program.