Circle of Life
Healthy Families Arkansas: Home Visiting Program for Teens and Young Mothers
Serving Boone and Carroll Counties in Arkansas
To empower pregnant/parenting teens in northern Arkansas to provide a healthy, nurturing environment for their children, as well as develop personal, educational and vocational skills for a more productive life.
- Project staff will provide services to pregnant and parenting teens ages 18 and younger.
- Child can be no older than 2 weeks at enrollment and the mother must be a first time mom.
Core Services Provided
- Assistance in finding and using a “medical home” for preventive and emergency healthcare, completing Medicaid applications, WIC and other needed services.
- Transportation will assist in prenatal and well-baby check-ups and required immunizations.
- Education on child development and positive parenting practices.
- Aid and support for completing high school and working through barriers that hinder school attendance.
- Support identifying realistic goals for higher education and/or employment.
- Help in transitioning to independent living.
- Crisis intervention
- Support in obtaining childcare, assistance in childcare enrollment, and accessing other resources, as needed.
Additional "Healthy Families Arkansas Services"
- Services will come from the evidence based curricula “Partners for Healthy Babies” and “Nurturing Parents.”
- Partners for Healthy Babies focuses on the fact that babies are born to learn and parents are their child's first and most influential teacher.
- The training will work with families to enhance child's language development and motor skills.
- Nurturing Parenting Program works with parents and teens in group and home based settings to build positive, healthy interaction among family members.