Located inside of the South Campus Library, the North Arkansas College Testing Center offers high-stakes testing for more than 2,000 individual certification, occupational assessment and professional licensure exams. These certification tests cover a wide variety of subjects, ranging from information technology to nuclear medicine to pilot licenses. By taking certain professional certification exams, North Arkansas College students and other test candidates can gain credit for their real-life work and study experience.
With vendors such as Pearson Vue, CompTIA, CISCO, Microsoft, TSA/PAN, FCC and EPA among many more, the opportunity for certification is almost limitless. Additionally, those who already have obtained certification may also be eligible to receive college credit.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday — 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday — 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Testing center hours may vary depending on North Arkansas College's academic and holiday calendars.
Testing Center Rules
- Appointments are required for testing. Please schedule your appointment as far ahead of the test date as possible to ensure we can seat you. Either come by or call us at 870-391-3533. We do not make appointments by email or voicemail.
- A photo ID will be required to test.
- Please be respectful of other testers. The North Arkansas College Certification Center not only administers student tests, but also provide proctoring for high-stakes professional testing such as Praxis, EMT, FBI, TSA and many others. Many of these tests are being taken by current and former Northark students and go hand in hand with their degree program.
- No personal items are allowed in the certification center. No personal items or electronic devices are allowed in the testing room. The certification center will not be responsible for any personal items. If you do have personal items with you, they can be returned to your vehicle or placed in one of the provided lockers. All personal items and electronic devices must be turned off (not on vibrate or silent but completely off). Once testing has started candidates or students may not access lockers until test is completed.
- Prohibited personal items include, but are not limited to: purses, backpacks, outerwear (coats, jackets, sweaters, scarves, hoodies, hats, etc.), firearms, knives, weapons, briefcases, books, reading material, calculator, notebooks, umbrellas, pencils, pens, erasers, watches and wallets. Keys, with any electronic or photographic component attached, must be stored in the provided lockers. No food, gum, drinks or candy allowed.
- Please do not talk in the testing room and keep all other noises to a minimum.
- Please do not remove any tests or provided materials from the certification center. The certification center provides scratch paper, pencils and other materials for your testing needs. Please do not remove them from the center. To ensure the integrity and security of our testing process no test may be removed from the certification center by a student.
- Please come to the proctor station if you need assistance. A tester may have a question or issue related to the function of his or her test on a computer. Please feel free to come to the check-in area and request assistance from a proctor. Please do so as quietly as possible.
- Candidates or students cannot access personal belongings or leave the testing center until the test is completed.
L 119, South Campus Library
1515 Pioneer Drive
Harrison, AR 72601