Tutoring - Student Resource Center
Student Resource Center Mission: To provide quality tutoring and other resources that support student learning and empower students to be successful.
North Arkansas College’s Student Resource Center is a drop-in tutoring center located on the South Campus. The SRC is a convenient place that is comfortable and quiet and includes access to many free services. Some of these services include: tutoring in a range of academic areas, usage of computer lab and printers, usage of laptops, Wi-Fi and wireless printing, individual and group study areas, reference books, graphing calculators as well as academic, career and financial workshops. The SRC also offers access to a business clothing closet and other public benefits. Free coffee is always available as well as friendly, knowledgeable staff members.
Tutors include retired teachers as well as current students who excel academically. The Center primarily offers tutoring in English and Mathematics, but tutors are also available to help students with lab sciences, social sciences, business and allied health courses. The staff encourages all students to stop by and check out some of the ways to benefit from the services offered here.
What to bring to your tutoring session:
- Syllabus and/or copy of your assignment
- Any ideas or work already completed on the assignment
- Class textbook and notes
- Anything else that might help our tutors to better assist you
What to expect from a tutoring session:
- Assessment of how you’re currently doing in the class
- Identification and focus on what needs to be accomplished during the tutoring session (for example, are you studying for an exam, completing a math assignment or making an outline for an upcoming speech?)
- Tips on how to address test anxiety, effective study and learning techniques as well as time management strategies
Words of advice from our tutors:
- Please don’t wait until the day of your exam or the day your paper is due to seek out tutoring. Make sure you have plenty of time available to have a meaningful tutoring session in addition to any work you need to complete on your own prior to the due date.
- We want students to get what they need from us so it can be applied in a timely manner. Don’t wait until you get behind in a class to come to the SRC; do it before you get behind. Especially when you know you are going to have a difficult course load or class during the semester.
The Student Resource Center is a busy place. The SRC sees, on average, 300-350 student visits each week with over 13,000 combined visits over the last two academic terms!
The SRC is open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday during the fall and spring semesters. It is located in M154. Appointments are not required. Please contact Sharla Hellen for more information: 870-391-3560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Helping you is what we do.