Disability Services

North Arkansas College is committed to providing support needed for equal access and equal educational opportunity for each student. If you have a documented disability that could impact your pursuit of an education, you may receive appropriate accommodations by contacting the disability coordinator. Accommodation plans are created specifically for you when you meet with the disabilities coordinator. All services comply with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and with subsequent state and federal legislation.

To Obtain Accommodations For additional information or to obtain accommodations, students should contact the Disabilities Coordinator, Kim Brecklein, 870-391-3338 or  kbrecklein@northark.edu or visit her office in room M184G on the South Campus.

Accommodation Process

  • Make an appointment with the disabilities coordinator.
  • Most disabilities require some sort of documentation. Examples include letters from doctors, reports or bills which list a diagnosis, IEPs that list a diagnosis. If you have trouble obtaining documentation, contact the disabilities coordinator for more information.
  • The disabilities coordinator will work with you to develop an accommodation plan.
  • If your plan requires participation by your instructor, the disabilities coordinator will give you an accommodation plan letter to give to your instructors.
  • Notify the disabilities coordinator if your contact information, accommodation needs, or schedule changes.


  • All records concerning student disabilities are protected by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
  • Disability records to not follow you when you transfer to another college or university and are not shared with employers.