North Arkansas College is approved by the Arkansas State Approving Agency for veterans and veterans’ beneficiaries who are working on a degree or certificate. Considerable financial aid is available to veterans of recent military service, service members and members of reserve units. The dependents of certain other service persons may be entitled to educational assistance payments under various programs.
Things To Know
- VA students must be working toward a degree/certificate and following the curriculum as outlined for their degree plan in the catalog, since only specific courses may be applied toward VA certification.
- VA will not pay for non-required repeat of classes; if North Arkansas College requires you to repeat the course in order to receive credit towards your degree, then VA will consider that a required repeat and the course will be applied towards the hours required for you to receive benefits.
- VA students are responsible for notifying the VA certifying official of any changes in their status (add/drop classes, withdraw from school, change major).
- Regular attendance of all classes is a requirement for VA payments. If you stop attending a class, VA will be notified and you may be required to pay back benefits.
- Chapters 1606, 1607, and 30 must verify their enrollment at the end of each month by calling 1-877-823-2378 or online through W.A.V.E. https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
- VA Education Call Center phone number is 1-888-442-4551.
For more information