The Manufacturing Technology Certificate of Proficiency is designed to provide training necessary to obtain an entry-level position in the Machine Tool Technology Industry. Students will learn safety in the work place, the basics of blueprint reading, basic technical math skills, manual M and G code writing, computer numeric controlled (CNC) machinery set up and operation, machine tool routine maintenance, decision making and problem solving skills and managing a career in the manufacturing technology industry. Students get to work with CNC machines, 3D printers, drill presses and other equipment in the College’s own shop.
CP = Certificate of Proficiency | 1 semester
Offered On Campus
Not Offered Online
Arkansas Future Grant
This program is Arkansas Future Grant eligible, which means the grant may cover tuition and fees.
Transfer or Stackable Options
The certificate of proficiency may be applied towards the Manufacturing Technology Technical Certificate or as one of the technical disciplines required for the Associate of Applied Science in General Technology.
Dustin Burleson | Manufacturing Technology Instructor
- Understand and use basic safety in the manufacturing and machine tools industry
- Understand and use of measurement systems and instrumentation
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and apply blueprint reading data
- Demonstrate ability to work among a diverse team of members to produce desired results
- Identify and properly use correct equipment for applications in the manufacturing industry