The program includes courses that will introduce a student to electronic principles and instrumentation as well as some of the ways technology is used in manufacturing process.
CP = Certificate of Proficiency | 1 semester
Offered On Campus
Not Offered Online
Transfer or Stackable Options
The certificate of proficiency may be applied towards the technical certificate in Electronics Technology or an Associate of Applied Science degree in Automation and Systems Integration (Electronics Technology). The certificate can also be used as one of the technical disciplines required for the Associate of Applied Science in General Technology.
Roger Hattaway | Instructor
- Enter the workforce and be gainfully employed
- Understand safe operation and repair of electrical and industrial equipment
- Interpret electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams
- Correctly use basic electrical measuring instruments and apply readings to troubleshoot equipment
- Perform basic repair operations and troubleshooting of electrical equipment. Including mechanical assembly, disassembly, and soldering of electrical circuits
- Demonstrate the basic knowledge of automation equipment such as PLC's and Robotics in an industrial or hospital setting