The program provides students with a credential preparing them for entry-level positions in the construction industry after a semester of instruction and provides certification of basic operating skills to employers. Northark has many different types of heavy equipment including dump trucks, excavators, backhoes, graders, bulldozers and more.
Construction Equipment Operation
CP = Certificate of Proficiency | 1 semester
Offered On Campus
Not Offered Online
Arkansas Future Grant
This program is Arkansas Future Grant eligible, which means the grant may cover tuition and fees.
Transfer or Stackable Options
This certificate can be applied to a 1-year Construction Equipment Operation Technical Certificate.
Chad Hathaway | Construction Equipment Operation Instructor
- Learn and understand the basic safety and operating procedures of the machines used in Heavy Equipment Operations
- Obtain the operating skills of a hirable heavy equipment operator, suitable for any jobsite
- Have the ability to use the instruments to read grade and make adjustments
- Know what materials to use and where to use them
- Successfully complete the NCCER Core Curriculum and Heavy Equipment Operations for NCCER credentials