Some would say there is nothing better than building something from the ground up with your own two hands. Construction is a rewarding job that is ever changing.
This program provides students with current skills in residential and light commercial construction with emphasis on green building techniques and materials. Topics include framing, electrical, plumbing, cabinet making and more. Also, training is available for facilities maintenance to prepare students for this high-demand, high-wage area. Internships are available for students interested in improving their technical skills and making contacts within the industry. Construction Technology training is accredited with the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
CP = Certificate of Proficiency | 1 semester
Offered On Campus
Not Offered Online
Transfer or Stackable Options
The certificate of proficiency may be applied toward the Construction Technology Technical Certificate or as one of the technical disciplines required for the Associate of Applied Science in General Technology.
David Zirkle | Construction Technology Instructor
- Understand and use basic safety in the construction industry
- Identify and properly use construction materials, tools and power equipment
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret construction blueprints
- Demonstrate residential wiring and plumbing techniques
- Successfully complete NCCER Core Curriculum and Carpentry Level I for NCCER credentials