Program application deadline is July 1
This program produces paramedics for advanced hospital care and transportation. This program meets and exceeds the current national DOT standards and curriculum. Graduates are eligible to take the state and national registry tests. Students train in area hospitals as well as on Arkansas paramedic level ambulances.
Admission Requirements (to be eligible for the programs, prospective students must):
- Be accepted as a student in the college; complete the Northark application if you are not current enrolled
- Be accepted into the Paramedic Program; complete the Paramedic Program application
- Be 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate; complete high school transcript request
- Be in good health; submit a Health Information Form
- Have a current Arkansas EMT certification or be in the testing phase
- Be currently certified in AHA Health Care Provide CPR
- Complete required pre-requisites
- Have completed ACT and/or the Accuplacer test and have scores sent to Northark
- Have all immunization records on file and provide proof of Hepatitis B vaccine, rubella vaccine and TB skin test
- Have three written recommendations (see application)
- Have a minimum grade of “C” in each prerequisite course and in each course required in the paramedic program.