- Students must be 18 years or older to enroll in the phlebotomy practicum as well as to be certified as a phlebotomy technician.
- Immunizations listed are required of all persons participating in the clinical component associated with the Northark MLT Program. The only exception would be for medical reasons. An annual tuberculosis skin test (PPD) or chest x-ray is required. Students must furnish proof of MMR, Varicella, and Hepatitis B vaccine series.
- Students must undergo a criminal background check and10-panel drug screen before being placed into a clinical site.
CP = Certificate of Proficiency | 1 semester
Offered On Campus
Not Offered Online
Arkansas Future Grant
This program is Arkansas Future Grant eligible, which means the grant may cover tuition and fees.
Transfer or Stackable Options
This program provides excellent preparation for other health professions programs and is beneficial to individuals currently employed in the healthcare profession or currently enrolled in another health professions program.
Sherry Gibbany | Phlebotomy and Med Lab Tech
- The graduate will demonstrate competency in phlebotomy techniques and sampling procedures to assure accurate diagnostic outcomes.
- Graduates of the Phlebotomy program will be able to use effective interpersonal communication skills and apply ethical and legal concepts to the practice related to phlebotomy in multiple clinical sites and for all age groups.
Licensure & Certification
Upon completion of the required courses, students are eligible to take the Phlebotomy Technician Exam offered by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP, PBT). Certification is not currently required by the state of Arkansas for Phlebotomy Technicians. We are unsure of the certification requirements in other states.